January 2024-Year to Heal Hurting Hearts



 

   I haven't written much in 2023. I read a lot, worked a lot and dealt with skin issues. It was a year of listening to my own voice. Molly and I took it slow and easy.

December 2022
My St. Luke's family



January 2023

February 2023
I got to baby sit this little guy some.

February 24, 2023
Snow Day!

March 2023
Celebrated, "Gotcha!" 
3 Years

April 2023
I met my Zoom sisters and got to spend time with my
distant church family at Synod in Walnut Creek.

May 2023
I discovered Bank Holidays in France are very different than USA.

June 2023
Since I couldn't go to France I outfitted Pooh to go.

July 2023
I shampooed a school of carpets.

August 2023
Celebrated my birthday working with these guys.
Then got treated to lunch mid-August for a job well done.

September 2023
Rains began.

October 2023
Walked almost 5 miles everyday.

November 2023
I spent Thanksgiving at the Abbey 
New Clairvaux 

December 2023
I enjoyed a lot of special time at church.


January 2024


I acquired a skin condition after the weathered cooled in November. Resting, working
and caring for Molly has been my adventure since Thanksgiving. We have enjoyed reading books by Christine Sunderland this Holiday season off school. I got to meet her at Synod in April and enjoy her writing very much. 
2024
I have no New Year resolution.
I see that would not be a solution.
Molly gets fed each day.
Regularly we will play.
Walking daily is a goal.
Though it may only be a stroll.

Poetry is a new game.
You may think my puns are lame.
Eating healthy recipes from France,
May help my culinary skills to advance.
Watching YouTube videos of Chateaus,
May be one of my goals.

Reading books, sleeping well,
With a hope to stay in a hotel.
Turning 65 in August is a thing,
Happy Birthday they will sing.
Blessing to you 2024,
I can't hope for more.


If you missed the Christmas Poem- 
A Christmas Poem
No Stockings are hung by the Chimney with care.
For Santa will not be coming here.
The Children are nestled snug in their own home.
While Grammie dreams of a trip to Rome.
Molly has chewed all over The Elf.
Trader Joe’s Eggnog is on the top shelf.
All the gifts are shipped for UPS to deliver.
Scholastic books were a great giver.
Molly wants treats and I want dark chocolate.
While we ponder the Holy Birth, immaculate.
Waffles and Blueberries for Christmas Morn.
Then Christmas day Mass for the day Jesus was born.
16 days off where I won't hear, “Ms. Deena !”
Should help my face heal from the eczema.
My closets I will clear after a busy year.
With that I will wish you 2024 cheer.



Shalom~ Deena















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy in the Wind

Laetare or Rose Sunday 2024