Eastertide continues at Synod

 St. Mark's Feast at the Seminary



     On Tuesday, April 24, I was blessed to celebrate the Feast of St. Mark at St. Joseph of Arimathea Theological Seminary in Berkley. I sat near the door and could see the Altar and the celebration of the Holy Eucharist at my left and out the door to the world on my right. It was a vivid picture of the Christian church; the people of God, and the world. The people were clueless and uninterested about what was going on inside this building. For 50 years Anglicans have been worshiping in this building while millions have passed by indifferent to the need for a Savior. 

   I was blessed to have a tour of the 1900 buildings and hear the story of Bishop Morse. He died peacefully at the age of 91 the very same week that my life changed and I began my current book of life. The highlight of the day was to see a video of one of his messages recorded 10 years ago; however, every word was appropriate for today.

What books to do I bring to a week long retreat?


     I could not decide what book I would leave behind so I brought all of them that I am currently reading. Molly went to the Kitty B & B, so I needed all of my books. The binder on the bottom is my Deaconess memory book. It contains the script for Father Ben's ordination and my Setting Apart along with cards and research materials.
    I always need my Bible/Pray Book and my Study Bible. The daily devotional I mentioned last time and my Rosary pray guide. I just finished reading From Christendom to Apostolic Mission. I want to share from this book in my talk.
   Finally, my current read...Faith of our Fathers, A History of True England. Along with my journal and a copy of the APCK Canons. Thursday I talk about what it means to be a Deaconess and how I became one. 

Pray for me.

Deaconess Deena


Comments

  1. Lovely to meet you, Deaconess Deena! And thanks for sharing your experience in Berkeley, a most memorable Open House to be sure. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joy in the Wind

Laetare or Rose Sunday 2024

January 2024-Year to Heal Hurting Hearts