Bagpipes on the the Wind

 Stepping back to Five years ago. The Gis-Butterfly was just embracing her God given "wild" as I worked through the book "Brazen" by Leeana Tankersley. This was a time when I was getting books before release to review for the publisher and write my comments for Amazon and other book sellers.

Brazen was a great Journey

My Brazen Board
Three weeks of soul searching and I created this board to share who I was at that point in my history.
About that same time I got my tattoo, which my son paid for as a token of: My life was not finished. The graphic was the center of my board; a stylized semicolon butterfly. My words for myself: Loved, Chosen, Mother, Woman, Child, Caregiver, Not Sorry, and wild...
    Today, five years later I see that I have grown into the words I declared for myself during that journey. I have been a Mother-in-law for nearly 6 years, a grandmother for over 4 years, an employee at Evergreen Elementary for over 6 years, an indoor cat custodian for a year, a university student for a year, and lived in my apartment for over five years.
    A new class begins tomorrow at my university. This semester I tackle a Child Phycology course. It is a condensed course and should keep me out of trouble for the next 6 weeks. In summer I plan to take three course and four more in the Fall semester. My goal is to get my bachelor's degree in 2022.
    This week I was approached by HR to work during the summer with our custodial staff. As I hear that Italy is on lockdown again, I might as well be making money to bank for travel in summer 2022. My dream is to see Paris and Rome a year from this coming summer.
    For now I will be longing for Paris through my book.
One woman's search for joy, beauty,
 and adventure
right where she is

    I am on chapter 8: " Called to Sparkle." I had an odd experience on Friday. As I entered the teacher work room I thought one of the teacher's mask had sequins on it. I told her that I must just be seeing unicorns. There are masks with sequins, but this teacher is not one who usually wears extra glitter. We laughed, but I spent my day looking for the sparkle in my surroundings.

Bagpipe Weather


Bob and his Bagpipes


My friends, Bob and Molly play bagpipes and drum with the local corp. Yesterday I was tickled to find their group at the church warming up to go out and play live throughout the area at local pubs. It has been a year since such live performances were allowed. 
    Saint Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday and has been most of my life. There are no emotional pains associated with this Americanized holiday. One of my sisters lives near Dublin, GA and they always have a grand parade and little leprechaun contest. The Chamber paints the streets and there are dances...but not in 2021.
Little Leprechaun Contest 2020, Dublin, GA

    I did run into this group of young Leprechauns yesterday as I was getting ready to prepare for today's Mass.
part of the drummers
    These boys brought me such joy.
Forrest Orr is 88 today ℼ day
Another reason this week is so fun for me...my dad's birthday is today. In the days of Leisure Suits, we teased that he was the worlds largest leprechaun. 

I don't know where the pictures are, but he rocked that look. I am so blessed to have a handsome, healthy 88 year young Daddy in my world. 
    So, this week I will be meeting a new professor- virtually...dealing with indoor recesses according to the weather report...getting a massage and facial on Wednesday to celebrate me on Saint Patrick's Day and celebrating my one year anniversary with Molly.
6 month old Molly was hardly bigger than my phone 
On the top of her tree at full resting-stretch




 


            


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy in the Wind

Laetare or Rose Sunday 2024

January 2024-Year to Heal Hurting Hearts